British Muslim Community Drives Forward Diamond Jubilee Celebration
Ahmadiyya Muslims launch unique bus poster campaign in London as part of their Jubilee celebrations
One of Britain’s oldest Islamic communities, that established the first mosque in London, is sponsoring 200 buses in London congratulating Her Majesty The Queen on her Diamond Jubilee.
The message of goodwill follows the example of the founder of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad who sent a congratulatory message to Her Majesty Queen Victoria on her Diamond Jubilee 115 years ago in 1897.
His Holiness Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad, the present spiritual leader of the worldwide Ahmadiyya Muslim community, said:
“May our congratulations filled with happiness and gratitude to our compassionate Queen be conveyed. And may the honourable Queen always be kept happy and content.
“O Powerful and Noble God. Through your Grace and Blessings keep our honoured Queen forever happy in the same way that we are living happily under her benevolence and kindness; and be kind and loving to her in the same way that we are living in peace and prosperity under her generous and righteous rule.
“These are sentiments of gratitude that are held by every Ahmadi Muslim who is a British citizen.”
The banners on the London buses, starting from April 30, will feature the official Jubilee logo and the message ‘Congratulations Your Majesty!’.
The bus campaign is a central part of a series of activities to mark the Jubilee including:
- A letter from His Holiness Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad, to HM The Queen congratulating her on the occasion of her Diamond Jubilee
- UK-wide interfaith peace symposia
- Jubilee street celebrations across the country as well as a programme to feed 10,000 homeless and other people in need in the UK as a part of the Big Lunch celebrations
- The lighting of all its mosques across the UK and prayers to be offered for the Queen at Jubilee weekend
- Charity events in aid of British charities with a major national event – the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Charity Walk – at the Tower of London on Sunday 13 May to raise funds for the Queen’s charities
- A national blood drive to help save lives
The National President of the UK Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Mr Rafiq Hayat, said:
“We share in our country’s pride and joy at Her Majesty The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. It is our heartfelt prayer that may God continue to protect the Queen and we look forward to the festivities of the Jubilee weekend and to make those as inclusive as possible.
“As Muslims, we are duty bound to serve Queen and country and we regard this as an important part of our religion as we were taught by Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that loyalty to one’s country is a part of faith.”
The bus posters will also feature the peace campaign website for the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community www.MuslimsForPeace.org.uk
Basharat Nazir [email protected] Tel +44 7703 483 384 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +44 7703 483 384 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting
OR, Mahmood Rafiq Tel +44 7971 060 962 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +44 7971 060 962 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting