· Weekend 17-19 August, 2007 : A session on the subject, “The Crown in Australia”, is included in the programme for the nineteenth conference of The Samuel Griffith Society to be held at the Bayview Hotel, 6 Queen’s Road, Melbourne on 17-19 August, 2007. The Society is the nation’s leading federalist organization, dedicated to the promotion of discussion of constitutional matters through the articulation of a clear position in support of decentralisation of power through the renewal of our federal structure; and to the defence of the great virtues of the present Constitution against those who would undermine it in order to supplant it with a unitary state.
· Sunday, 19 August, 2007: The speakers at the session on Sunday, 19 August will be Dr Ann Twomey, who will speak to her paper, “The Queen of Australia’ and Mr. Michael Manetta, who will speak to his paper,” Sovereignty in the Australian Federation.” The session will be chaired by Professor David Flint. Other sessions will be on Work Choices and the Federation, Federalism in a Centralist Environment, a Bill of Rights and The Aboriginal Question. For contact details, consult the Society site, http://www.samuelgriffith.org.au/
· Monday 20 August, 2007: The Convener of the ACM Victorian Division, Mr. Brett Hogan, will host a luncheon The Kelvin Club, Melbourne Place, Melbourne (located off Russell Street between Little Collins and Bourke Streets) in Melbourne on 20 August,2007. The guest speaker will be Dr. Ann Twomey, the author of a book which has created a bombshell in constitutional circles, “The Chameleon Crown: The Queen and Her Australian Ministers.” The cost is $55 (Includes two course lunch, drinks and GST), and copies of Dr Twomey’s book will be available at the lunch at a discounted price of $45. For inquiries, phone Brett Hogan: 9553 5647 or 0407 273 884
· Friday 24 August, 2007: Cocktail reception, City Tattersall’s Club, Pitt St.Sydney 2007 ACM National Conference.
· Saturday, 25 August, 2007: The Hon. Dr. Brendan Nelson, HM Federal Minister for Defence will formally open the 2007 ACM National Conference in Sydney. The National Conference, on 24-25 August, 2007 will be our eighth since the Australian people voted to retain our constitutional system in 1999. The theme of the conference is “The Indispensable Crown: The Way Forward” The National Council will meet at the end of the sessions.
· Saturday 25 August, 2007: Conference Dinner.
· Sunday morning, 26 August, 2007: Conference Delegates will be taken by coach to see the State Coach Britannia and to meet the designer , Mr. Jim Frecklington, OAM
. Monday, 3 September 2007, Annual National Flag Day Luncheon, 12 for 12:30pm, Parliament House, Hobart. Guest speaker, the Hon Michael Hodgman QC MP. Under the auspices of the Australian National Flag Association (Tas). Cost $30. Phone Reg Watson (03) 62 43 85 97 or 0409 975 587
. Friday,21 September, 2007: Battle of Britain Commemoration, Luncheon 12 for 1230PM offered by The Royal Society of St. George, in the presence of Air Vice Marshall Bensken, Four Seasons Hotel, ( formerly Regent) 199 George Street North, The Rocks, Sydney. Cost $75. Reservations, Mrs G Fisher, PO Box 35, Wahroongah, 2076. Inquiries, Peter Cavanagh, President, 02 93321897
· Wednesday, 14 November, 2007: Hobart, Cocktail Reception, Tasmanian Loyal Societies, in honour of the birthday of HRH, the Prince of Wales. Speaker: Professor David Flint· Sunday 18th November 2007: 2pm to 4.30pm,Celebration of the 60th Wedding Anniversary of H.M.Queen and Duke of Edinburgh, Birdwood Lutheran Church Hall, Church Street, Birdwood, Adelaide Hills,S.A,Devonshire tea and entertainment including Adelaide Colonial Dancers, Poetry with a difference, Scottish dancer and more yet to be confirmed. Adults $8; Children under 12 $2. For more information and bookings phone 08 8349 6225.
· Tuesday, 20 November , 2007: Luncheon, The Royal Society of ST. George, in the distinguished presence of HE The Governor of NSW, Professor Marie Bashir, Parliament House, Sydney to celebrate the Diamond Anniversary of HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh.
· Monday 3 December, 2007, Tasmania Day, Raising of the Tasmanian Flag and morning tea. 10:00am. Venue to be advised. Under the auspices of the Australian National Flag Association(Tas). For further information, phone Reg Watson 03 62438597 or 0409975 587
· Sunday 3rd February 2008, South Australia. 4pm to 6.30pm, Afternoon tea to celebrate the 56th year of the Queen's accession to the throne. Afternoon tea and entertainment including the Barossa Light Horse, English Folk Singers· 'Here's to Friends", Scottish piper and dancer and more. Adults $25. Children under 12 $5. Held at the historic Collingrove Homestead, near Angaston about an hour’s drive north of Adelaide S.A. Phone 08 8349 6225.